Tuesday, June 7, 2011

An update on the Hanna's

I've really slacked at this blogging thing!  I can't seem to find enough hours in the day to get anything done, let alone blogging.  So here's a little update (I might have to break this up into a few blogs!)


Mason is almost 7 months already!  Time is flying by.  Everytime I'm holding him I think back to when he fit in just one arm.  It seems like just yesterday we brought him home and now he's already on his way to crawling.  I am still breastfeeding him-- even this surprises me!  It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to make it this far.  I keep thinking there's only a few more months left until I can reach my goal of one year.  Every time I think about quitting, I'm quickly reminded of how much formula costs these days.  Jason's been very supportive with the whole issue, which also makes it easier. So far, Mason hasn't really ever been sick other than a little constipation here and there. I'm not sure if it's linked to the breastfeeding or if we just got lucky. I DREAD the day he gets an ear ache and I'm hoping that teething is smooth sailing.  He doesn't have any teeth yet, but I know they're bound to come sooner or later!

Mason loves Grandma Simpson's banana cream pie!! Grandma better start making double!

Mason also started eating babyfood between 4-5 months.  He wasn't so sure of it at first and he definitely was not a fan of rice cereal and oatmeal. I don't blame him, I wouldn't eat that crap either!  He really loves his fruits and any vegetables that are not green.  Lately, he's been eating some table food from whatever Jason and I have made for supper.  We've found that he really likes spaghetti and flavored spaghetti noodles. He wasn't too sure of baked beans. Of course, just like his mom, he loves chocolate.  We don't give him much, but it's fun to watch his face when he does get some.  He's been learning to self feed himself by eating the Gerber cereal puffs and lil crunchy snacks.  We've also been practicing with the sippy cup.  He knows how it works, but I think our cups might be too big for him to hang onto at this point. 




Some of his favorite things to do include taking baths, going for walks, running around in his walker, eating, and watching the dogs run around outside.  Today, we might venture outside and play in the pool.  Jason set up our little pool yesterday and hopefully the water will warm up enough to let Mason play for awhile.

Oh- and we've got ourselves a little thumb sucker!




We've been very lucky to have quite the well-behaved little boy!  

1 comment:

  1. His eyes are so amazing...and he's getting so big!! LOL I don't have a thumb sucker, but I have a finger chewer.

    ReplyDelete