Friday, September 23, 2011

The Clock

I don't even know where to begin with this blog.  I haven't blogged in months and so much has been happening.  It's amazing how time works.  I find myself at work constantly looking at the clock and wondering if the day could go any slower only to come home and have time fly by.  I can't believe Mason is almost a year old.  I can't even remember what I wore yesterday, let alone everything that's happened in the last year.  I really need to keep up with my blogging so I have something to look back on.

Pretty soon we'll be sending out birthday invites of Mason's first birthday, but before we do that we'll be celebrating Ben's angelversary.  Monday marks the 2 year mark since our loss. It's amazing how slow the first year after our loss went, yet this past year has flown by.  This is probably due to being busy with Mason.  I wouldn't say I forgot about Ben, but Mason has kept my mind off of the sadness and has reminded me that we have a lot to be thankful for.  I think we're going to release a few balloons Monday night and probably eat some cake.  Feel free to release your own balloons in Ben's memory or light a candle for him.  I hoping to get some pictures to post later.  I'm a little more excited about Ben's birthday this year and I think it's because the past 2 years I've been able to let people know how I feel about Ben and I can talk about him more openly than I could the first year.  I really look forward to seeing pictures from other people who will release balloons in memory of Ben! Although Mason won't understand what's going on, I look forward to seeing his face light up when he sees the balloons.

We're still deciding on what kind of party we should have for Mason.  My mind keeps saying to go with the monkey theme, BUT Jason is the REAL monkey in this family....... any ideas, let me know!

A little update on myself:  In June, after seeing myself in pictures from my sister's wedding, I realized it was time to do something with myself.  I started working out and attempting to eat healthier.  The first 2 months went great and I've lost 20-25lbs, but have been at a standstill this past month.  I've felt exhausted from work and have majorly lacked in working out.... time to kick it back in to gear!  At the end of August I went to the Orthodontist to see how much it would cost to get my teeth fixed.  My first option was to have surgery to widen my top jaw and fix a crossbite, but after hearing the cost of that-- I opted out.  A perfect smile is nice, but not $10K nice... I can live with a few imperfections! We went ahead and put my bottom braces on in August.  Then, the beginning of September I had to get three teeth pulled in order to make room for my teeth that aren't straight.  Two weeks after getting those teeth pulled, I got my top braces on.  A few things I learned: Spacers royally SUCK, orthodontists are NOT gentle people, getting teeth pulled doesn't hurt, and there are not many soft healthy foods!  I should be smiling from ear to ear knowing that my teeth are getting fixed, but these braces make me very self conscious.  I feel like a 12 year old in a 23 year old body... not a good feeling! I'm really hoping the next 2 years go by fast, but only for this reason.  Mason doesn't need to grow up any faster!  I feel really weird for my age.  Here I am getting braces (something teenagers do) and finding myself going to bed at 8p.m. (something 70 year olds do), but what do you do?

Well, hope you enjoyed the TINY update, there's plenty more where this came from.  Blogs soon to come (hopefully) should include: Ben's Angelversary, Mason's Birthday Party, Halloween (just remembered this, crap), a weight loss story, and STRAIGHTER TEETH (okay, so this might be two years from now)!!

Remember to release your balloons or light a candle!!! (and be sure to send me pictures)

No comments:

Post a Comment