Friday, June 1, 2012

Chubby Girl and 100 Miles

This is a selfish blog about myself and not all of the Hanna's!

As many of you know, I set a goal for myself in May to walk/jog 100 miles.  It was quite the adventure.  After week one and barely completing 10 miles, I knew I needed to step it up.  Even after telling myself this- after week two, I was ready to quit.  What had I gotten myself into!! A few things I learned during my little goal were:


  • My sister is my biggest motivator. Had it not been for her doing this challenge with me, I'm sure I would have quit after week two.
  • You need people, like my mother, to help eat the cupcakes and cookies so that you don't have to eat them ALL yourself!
  • I learned I'm quite lucky to have a husband who is willing to spend a lot of time with our son so that I can take time to take care of myself.
  • Anyone can do this! In one month I went from barely being able to jog 1/10th of a mile to being able to run AT LEAST two miles without stopping.
  • You need to set mini goals to make it to the big goal. Constant reminders of 'why' you are doing what you are doing are a must.  
  • I've learned how to eat healthier in just one month- resulting in 12 lbs LOST! (not very good pics, but a little difference- lots more to go!)
Before
After

LAST BUT NOT LEAST- You need SUPPORTERS! Thanks to the following people for constantly cheering me on. You have no idea how much it made me keep moving forward...
  • Malinda Alm
  • Donna Treiber
  • Lynda Lowery
  • Mark Mintun
  • Anne Smith
  • Mindi Hanna
  • Jennifer Jean Riessen
Had it not been for you, I wouldn't be where I am today.  Keep cheering me on!

No comments:

Post a Comment