Sunday, October 10, 2010

Productive Day?

Today turned out to be a somewhat productive day.  After working til 11p.m. Saturday night, I still managed to make it out of bed by 8:30 this morning.  I took my shower and read the Sunday paper and then Jason and I decided to not attend church today.  I wasn't feeling the greastest and wanted to relax.  Little did I know what was about to come.

Jason started working on the window trim for all the rooms and managed to finish them all except our living room.  I, of course, followed Jason around like a lost puppy making sure it was all done correctly-- or attempted to be done correctly.   So now that the trim is up, that means I will need to paint it all sometime soon! Ah- one more thing to add to the list. 

I finally broke down today and washed all the ceiling fans!!  It was quite disgusting.  I've lived here 4 years and I don't think it's ever been done-- sooo you can about imagine!!  Now if I can just KEEP them clean.  I need to go stock up on the swiffer dusters.  Those things are amazing- especially with the handle that extends/bends.  Makes my job easier! 

I'm excited to get our floor put in on Friday!  Then I can start putting things back together.  I will be searching for a housekeeper soon to come clean our house in about 2 weeks.  If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!  I'm desperate! I need some deep scrubbing done on our baseboards and a deep scrub in the bathroom.  We will probably need to get our computer room carpet shampooed as well.  All the other carpet is new enough that it doesn't need to be deep cleaned.

My dad came up today- it was nice to see him.  Jason and him went to the chili cookoff, but didn't get to try any chili.  Tasting didn't start til 2:30 and they headed out there around 1:00-- so that didn't go too well.  They came back home and talked for a bit and then my dad headed back home to mow the yard.  He brought me a box of baby clothes from my mom that I went through and just finished washing all of them. He also brought me the vinyl I had ordered from Jodi for my bathroom!

It turned out pretty good- even though it was kind of a pain in the butt to get on the wall!! Jason hates putting vinyl up, but I'll keep ordering it!!  It's so neat and beats putting holes in the wall to hang things up.

It was also kind of a tragic day.  As we were waiting for my dad to arrive, we decided to clean out our fish tank.  Let's just say- it's been a LONG time since it's been done.  As of yesterday, we had two lively fish.  Today, not so much.  As we transferred the fish from the dirty tank to a small bowl while we cleaned the tank, we noticed that the one fish was on his 'last fin' (if you know what I mean)- So after awhile of debating, we decided it was time for him to go.  He has now found a new home (somewhere in our sewer system)!  I'm still amazed that he lived for 3 years..... Everyone always said how fish are so hard to take care of- well, these fish were not hard to take care of.  They maybe were fed 2-3 times a week and lived in nasty water for a majority of their life-- but maybe that's what it takes to raise a fish!  Who knows!?!?  We are now down to one lonely fish-- poor lil fella!!

So even though we didn't get A LOT accomplished today- I still feel it was quite a productive day.  Finally getting the trim up feels great!  Only one more room to go!  Little Mason will be here in about 4 weeks or less and I'm hoping everything can get finished in time!! 

and.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!! Hope you had a great day (even though you had to work)!  I hope you like your gift and maybe someday soon you will get that banana cream pie you REALLY want!!

No comments:

Post a Comment