Saturday, October 23, 2010

We're gettin' there...

I had plans this weekend to get our house almost ready for the arrival of Mason.  I was a little worried this wasn't going to get done after not sleeping between 2:30 and 5 this morning.  I was wide awake. Felt fine, just couldn't sleep.  I was a little thirsty so I ended up going downstairs to get a glass of water.  To my luck, I opened the cupboard door and BAM.... a glass canning jar fell out of no where and hit me smack in the forehead.  I was trying very hard not to use every curse word in the book!  After I realized what happened and got over it, I filled my glass and headed back to bed- only to lay there some more.

I finally got out of bed around 8, after tossing and turning a few times. Jason was already awake and downstairs.  He had made plans to go to the shooting range with one of his friends.  He left a little before 9 and then I decided I better get a start on something or NOTHING was going to happen. I started out by making me some breakfast.  I was starving all night.  After a few pieces of french toast, I headed to the computer room to start cleaning.  I slowly made my way to each room. Dusting, vacuuming, organizing, etc.  

I broke down and decided to start scrubbing all the baseboards in the living room.  They were quite nasty and I knew if I waited for someone else to do it, it wouldn't get done.  I got down on my hands and knees and worked my way around the room.  I figured while I was down there, I might as well hand scrub all the floors.  So the floor got a nice scrubbing today.  We also moved around our furniture for the winter season.  We always have to move furniture before winter so that it's not too close to our wood burning stove.   I also got Jason to put together a lamp/stand we got for our wedding shower. 

I think I under estimated the disaster in the bathroom. I broke down and scrubbed the tub.  That was probably the worst room to clean, even though it's the smallest one! After getting the tub and surround all sprayed down, I started to scrub.  It was not easy! I forgot how big my belly was and that leaning over the edge of the tub was not going to be easy.  After a few breaks, I finally got it scrubbed down the best  I could.  If anything, it looks better than it did. 

Jason finished working on a few things in the kitchen, cleaned off the deck, and cleaned out the garage.  I can finally park my car in there again! We were going to go to church tonight, but decided to stay home and get some things done. 

We got a lot accomplished today and I'm sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow.  My feet are already killing me!  I'm sure tomorrow every bone in my body will be hurting.  I decided to call it quits for the night and relax.  I just threw a pan of lasagna in the oven and I just might put a movie in...

It feels good to have our house almost ready for Mason! I can't wait for his arrival, but I'm hoping he stays in there until at least November!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment