Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Weekend

It's been a very long weekend! Jason started the weekend on Friday by installing our new kitchen floor.  It took them quite a few hours, but it's all put it.  It turned out pretty nice and I'm glad to finally have a kitchen floor that I'm not ashamed of.
We're still working on putting baseboards back up, but the floor is IN!

I worked 9-5:30 on Friday, so this is the floor I got to come home to.  By the time I got home, I didn't feel like doing anything.  Jason's mom stopped over to see the new floor also. 

Friday was a special day for Jason and I, as October 15th is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day.  Every year we light a candle at 7:00p.m. in memory of Benjamin.  This year we lit the candle that we got for a Christmas gift last year.



Friday night was a long night.  I couldn't sleep and then eventually woke up at 2:00a.m. not feeling well.  I spent the next 3 hours awake.  Every time I went to lay down, I just felt even more sick.  I eventually had to prop myself up with about 10 pillows before I could fall back asleep. 

I eventually got up out of bed around 9:00a.m. on Saturday.  I sat on the couch for a little bit and then got a rush of motivation.  I went out into the garage and starting cleaning up some of the mess from the day before.  I then started painting all the baseboards for the kitchen so that we could get them back on before the weekend was over.  I still was not feeling the greatest all day Saturday.  Jason had to DJ a wedding Saturday night so once he left I cleaned up the new floor a bit and then decided to take a shower and rest for the rest of the night.

Jason didn't get home until about 1:30a.m. Sunday morning from DJ'ing, but he still managed to get up in time to go to church with me.  Today, we were announced at the church as new members of the congregation.  It just so happened that today's sermon was about pregnancy.  It was quite interesting, even though I kept getting distracted by the cute little blonde girl sitting in front of us.  It was quite a noisy day at church with all the little kids there.

After church, we came home and Jason starting moving some things back into the kitchen. He got the fridge, stove, and dishwasher all put back.  The stove has been a nightmare putting back in.  Everytime Jason would get it hooked up and turned the gas back on we could smell it leaking from somewhere.  Jason went and got a new hose for it, but that didn't solve anything.  Later on he discovered that a different piece was cracked and who knows how long it's been like that.  Kind of scary!  So he's on his 3rd trip to Menards for a new piece. 

I'm beginning to get very frustrated with everything.  I think pregnancy has finally kicked in.  I have been too exhausted to get much done lately and I'm getting upset that our house still is not done.  I feel like once we get one thing done, there are 10 other things that still need done.  I'm down to the point where I think we're going to have to hire someone to come in and finish.  All this painting is getting too hard for me.  Getting up and down on the ladder a million times and bending over to reach the paint can is taking it's toll on me.  I'm trying not to work myself too hard, because our little man needs to stay in for a few more weeks.  Also, knowing that I work 9-5:30 all this week, there won't be much of anything getting done around here. 

Not much else is new. I haven't got anything accomplished today. Jason, on the other hand, has been working all day getting stuff put back.  Now,  if 10 other people would just come over and finish everything else- we'd be good to go- BUT I don't forsee that happening anytime soon!




1 comment:

  1. The kitchen floor looks great!! I'm so jealous! Glad you found the source of the gas leak - that is SO scary! Take it easy and what gets done gets done...sounds like you have the major stuff knocked out, so relax!! The world doesn't end after the baby comes...it just slows you down a bit! :-)

    ReplyDelete